Stuffed Peppers123 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Green bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of rice, textured vegetable protein, cheese and tomato sauce. Omit the cheese for a vegan variation. Serve with additional tomato sauce, if desired.” - by KDCG
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine rice and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Cut tops off peppers, seed insides, and arrange peppers in a large baking dish. Chop usable portion of the tops.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute chopped peppers and onions in oil until soft. Stir in textured vegetable protein and parsley. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Mix in cooked rice and 1 1/5 cups tomato sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the peppers, and top each with remaining tomato sauce.
- Cover, and bake about 45 minutes. Uncover, top each pepper with mozzarella cheese, and bake until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 532 cal
- 20.6 g
- 38.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (123)Rate This Recipe
"What the heck is textured vegetable protein? I never heard of that. Can someone explain?..." See more"
"My boyfriend and I tried this recipe with a few tweaks and we LOVED it. We used cilantro instead of parsley, brown rice instead of white rice and added about 1/4 tsp of cumin. Sooooo good. I have alre..." See moready recommended it to all of my friends!"
Stuffed Peppers Italian Style
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.