Seven Layer Tortilla Pie503 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Looks like a pie, cuts like a pie, and tastes like a little bit of Southwestern heaven. This casserole is made from pinto and black beans layered with tortillas and cheese. Picante sauce gives it just the right kick. You can replace the Cheddar cheese with Monterey Jack if you like.” - by KDCG
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mash pinto beans. Stir in 3/4 cup salsa and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 cup salsa, cilantro, black beans and tomatoes.
- Place 1 tortilla in a pie plate or tart dish. Spread 3/4 cup pinto bean mixture over tortilla to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, and cover with another tortilla. Spread with 2/3 cup black bean mixture, and top with 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layering twice. Cover with remaining tortilla, and spread with remaining pinto bean mixture and cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes. Cut into wedges, and serve with salsa and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 405 cal
- 11.7 g
- 54.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (503)Rate This Recipe
"This was super easy and fun to make! I added green chiles, black olives, corn, and shredded up some rotisserie chicken and layered it on as I saw fit, topping each layer with cheese. I also used low f..." See moreat refried beans, low fat black beans, and low fat mexican cheese to make it that much more healthy! After it came out of the oven, I put some sliced avocado and tomatoes on, and it was a hit! My boyfriend couldn't get enough (in fact writing this review makes me want to whip one up right now!!!) Give it a try tonight!"
"VERY YUMMY~PREBAKE TORTILLA'S FOR 5 MINUTES SO THEY ARE CRISPY AND NOTE SOGGY!!! AND I USED MY SPRINGFORM PAN AND STACKED THE PIE..IT KEPT ITS FORM VERY NICELY. I ALSO USED REFRIED BEANS AND FRESH COO..." See moreKED CORN!!ITS A REGULAR AT OUR HOME AND FOR A SPECIAL GUEST EVERY NOW AND THEN! :)"
"I made a few modifications. One, I added half a packet of taco seasoning to the pinto bean mixture. Second, I used refried black beans instead of the regular black beans in the mixture. Third, I ad..." See moreded cumin to the black bean mixture for extra seasoning. Finally, I used mostly Monterrey Jack and Pepper Jack cheeses instead of most of the cheddar. This turned out pretty well with the changes, but was still a little dry. However, a little bit of salsa and sour cream on the top fixed that. I think I'll be making this again, and in the meantime try to think of some more changes to make it even better. I think I'll try to add some black olives and other vegetables to it."
Seven Layer Taco Dip
Jules' Zesty 7 Layer Dip
Just swipe to see more like this.