Spaghetti Torte64 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“This baked spaghetti dish is made in a springform pan. When the sides of the pan are removed, you have an impressive, spaghetti 'cake.' It can be served as is, or with a tomato sauce.” - by KDCG
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x3 inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Rinse with cold water, and drain.
- While spaghetti is cooking, combine Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, and egg whites in a large bowl. Toss with cooked spaghetti to coat.
- Press half the spaghetti mixture in bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle with half the basil, and top with half the tomatoes and half the provolone cheese. Press remaining spaghetti mixture into pan, sprinkle with remaining basil, and top with remaining tomatoes. Place remaining provolone cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let stand about 15 minutes, remove sides of pan, transfer to a serving platter. Cut into wedges to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 425 cal
- 9.9 g
- 60.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (64)Rate This Recipe
"I have made a very similar recipe for years and I will tell you the secret! Use more veggies, chopped broccoli, zucchini squash, black olives, and pretty much a little of any of your favorite veggies...." See more I did not use the ricotta cheese, substituting a little more Parmesan cheese and top with mozzarella or provolone. Baking time if very important, don't over bake it! I used a small can of tomato sauce and the sliced tomatoes also. Try it again and see if you don't get better results! "
"After reading the reviews of others, I took a few precautions to make sure it didn't turn out too dry. I used 2 cans of diced Italian tomatoes without draining and 3 whole eggs. It turned out great! I..." See more don't know if I would have even had trouble anyway. I also poured some store bought red sauce on the plate and served the wedge on top. It made for a pretty presentation. I didn't have any ricotta cheese on hand so I substituted fat free cottage cheese, and it worked great. The best thing about this recipe is the ability to throw in whatever you have on hand. I added some onions and garlic. Next time I plan to try adding artichoke hearts, spinach, and black olives!"
"Great for leftover spaghetti!! A bit daunted by others' reactions to the "dryness", I used three whole eggs and 1/2 pound tofu (not ricotta). Just put all ingredients (+garlic powder and grnd pepper..." See more), (-cooked pasta) into a food processor and processed till combined. Then, stirred pasta into mixture. Layered pasta mix, sauteed veggies, cheese, Pasta mix, veggies... etc till all was gone. DELICOUS!! A great way to empty the fridge and fill the tummy! Didn't need a side of sauce at all! (and I'm picky!!)"
Coal Miners'-style Spaghetti
Lemon Parmesan Spaghetti
Just swipe to see more like this.