Lentil Stuffed Tomatoes44 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“These tomatoes, stuffed with lentils and oven baked, make a great entree.” - by SUE
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Rinse rice and lentils in a strainer. Place in a small saucepan and stir in boiling water. Cover. Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, melt butter or margarine in a saute pan. Add onion, and saute until golden brown over medium low heat. Stir in lentil mixture and mint. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Slice the tops off tomatoes, and reserve. Scoop out the middles, and reserve. Fill tomato shells with lentil mixture, and replace the tops. Stand in a baking dish.
- Chop reserved tomato middles, and place in a small bowl. Mix in oil and garlic. Pour around the stuffed tomatoes.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree F (230 degree C) for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 175 cal
- 6.8 g
- 24.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (44)Rate This Recipe
"Really good but the rice and lentils needed to be cooked a lot longer. You could try this in peppers too! Will make again I'll just do it a little different...." See more"
"I topped the tomatoes with feta. They had an excellent taste and were very easy to prepare...." See more"
Stuffed Tomatoes with Grits and Ricotta
Just swipe to see more like this.