Meat Lover's Burger7 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“These burgers are zesty and full of flavor combining mushrooms, bacon, and balsamic vinegar with ground beef. My boyfriend--an Italian chef and a meat lover--was taken away by the taste!” - by Natalie Ercolini
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until brown and crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Return the skillet to the heat and increase the temperature to medium-high. Add the onion and garlic, and stir fry until the onion is soft and the garlic begins to brown. Add the balsamic vinegar, and cook while stirring for one minute. Add the chopped mushrooms, and cook for three additional minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Finely chop 4 slices of the bacon (reserving the remaining 4). In a medium bowl, combine the chopped bacon, ground beef, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, mushroom mixture and egg. Mix well using hands. Season with salt and pepper, and form into two patties.
- Open the two halves of the hamburger bun on an ungreased cookie sheet. Place one beef patty on each half, and cover each with one slice of tomato, 2 slices of the reserved bacon and one slice of Swiss cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until meat has cooked through.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 778 cal
- 43.5 g
- 41.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Oh! I wanted to love this recipe- it sounded so good. I didn't make any changes and the family, including me thought it was terrible. It was a PB&J night...." See more"
"This recipe is perfect!!! My dad was so pleased on father's day to have a burger that was more than just ordinary. It was moist, full of flavor, and filling. The recipe was also very affordable, and..." See more all of the ingredients were easy to find. Instead of baking them in the oven like the recipe suggested, I grilled them. My boyfriend is expecting me to make many more."
Dad's Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Meat Loaf
Onion-Crusted Meat Loaf with Roasted Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.