Irish Cream Sugar Cookies29 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 6 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 36 min
“These are deliciously soft moist sugar cookies with the creamy richness of Bailey's Irish Cream! Wonderful as a St. Patrick's day treat or for any day you're craving a sugar cookie. I brought these to a party and within minutes, they disappeared. Feel free to omit the Bailey's and just cut down the flour by about half a cup.” - by Kristin
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg yolk until combined, then beat in egg; beat until smooth. Pour in Irish cream, and beat until incorporated.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir into butter mixture until evenly mixed. Form into a flattened ball, wrap well with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thickness on a floured work surface. Cut into shapes using cookie cutters and place onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown around the edges, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack until they reach room temperature.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 108 cal
- 4.1 g
- 15.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (29)Rate This Recipe
"As others have mentioned, the flavor of the original recipe is rather on the light side. For a richer Irish Cream Flavor, double the Irish Cream to One (1) full cup, and also increase the whole egg p..." See morelus one egg yolk to two full eggs. I found no need to mix the egg yolk into the batter prior to adding the whole egg; just add the whole eggs all at once. With this new formulation, the batter, immediately after mixing, is soft enough to be scooped into a piping bag and piped onto the cookie sheets. Done so, baked for the recommended time, makes excellent cookies with no need to refrigerate for hours and roll out the dough."
"It was grat dough to work with! Super easy! I was able to FIX the "BLAND" flavour by adding 1/4th cup of Butterscotch Schanpps, just that little amount adds a wonderful sweetness to it that makes yo..." See moreu want more! JUST ADD A 1/4 CUP BUTTERSCOTCH SHNAPPS and USE 3/4 CUP BAILY'S IRISH CREAM, and it is wicked yummy! My Family Loves it, the cookies didn't last 15 mintues once I brought them out! So Make a double batch!"
"I made the dough before I hit the sack, and baked them in the morning, which was a lot of fun. It was easy to make, and the dough was great to work with. But, the final product was rather disapointing..." See more. Nice and smooth, but not to great on flavor. The irish cream was hardly noticable. In order to spice thing up, I split the cookies in half and made them into sanwhich cookies, using the Sugar Cookies Frosting as my midle. I switched the milk+vanilla to irish cream, and it came out great!"
Siri's Heart Sugar Cookies
Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.