Brinjal With Walnut Dressing4 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“The mild flavor of brinjal, also known as aubergine or eggplant, lends itself to sauces. This spicy yogurt sauce is no exception.” - by Yogini
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place walnuts on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the smell of the nuts fills the kitchen.
- Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch thick rings, and soak in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (170 degrees C). Slide eggplant into hot oil, and deep fry until golden brown. Fry in batches to maintain oil temperature. Remove from oil, drain, and cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, green chile peppers, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and walnuts. Season to taste with salt. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place eggplant rings in a serving dish, and spoon dressing evenly over top. Garnish with red pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 333 cal
- 27.5 g
- 17.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This was an awesome recipe! The only thing I may do differently next time is to dredge the eggplant in a cornmeal batter, to make it a bit crispy. The eggplant soaked up the oil in the pan and it was..." See more a bit mushy. However, it was still really good.. the yogurt sauce made it. I served it with brown rice and a salad. "
"OUTSTANDING!This is to DIE for. It's very rare when I don't play with or doctor up a recipe, this is perfect as is. Thank YOU!..." See more"
Donna's Cornbread, Sausage and Jalapeno Dressing
Bitter Melon and Brinjal (Eggplant) Relish
Just swipe to see more like this.