Eggplant and Zucchini Casserole114 Reviews
“A layered casserole made with veggies, Colby cheese, and a stuffing mix.” - by Linda S. Gibson
Original recipe yields 5 to 6 servings
- In a microwavable bowl, mix water and margarine (cut into pieces). Stir in stuffing mix and cover with a microwavable lid. Cook on HIGH for 8 to 10 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Place eggplant, zucchini, tomato, onion into a large skillet. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir over medium low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Layer vegetables, cheese, and stuffing in the dish until all ingredients have been used, ending with cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 497 cal
- 25.8 g
- 49.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (114)Rate This Recipe
"This was tasty. My husband loved it! I did not use stuffing mix because I wanted a lighter version. Instead, I sprinkled Italian bread crumbs over each layer. Yum!..." See more"
"I am a vegetarian and LOVED this dish. I had guests for dinner--who aren't vegetarians =:O)--and even their college-aged kids loved it. I recommend peeling the eggplant--the peel tastes bitter to me...." See more"
"Fairly quick to prepare--add about 15 minutes total prep time to the cooking times. I used a wok to sautee the vegetables, as my biggest skillet wasn't big enough. I also recommend using half the st..." See moreuffing called for in this recipe (or less), as the taste of the stuffing can completely overwhelm this dish; if you use flavored stuffing mix, the vegetables just get lost. I might try it again by thinly slicing and layering the ingredients and using very minimal stuffing. I'd call this recipe only average."
Cheesy Sausage Zucchini Casserole
Layered Eggplant Hamburger Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.