Honey Pie from Sifnos7 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“This is an Aegean cheesecake prepared with honey and unsalted mizithra or ricotta cheese. These cakes are usually prepared during the Easter festivities in the Cycladic islands, especially in Sifnos and Ios.” - by Alexandra S.
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch pie
- Stir together 1 3/4 cups flour and 2 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl. Work in butter until the mixture becomes crumbly. Stir in water a tablespoon at a time, just until the dough comes together and is no longer dry. Form into a ball, and wrap with plastic; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and line a 10-inch pie pan. Trim excess from the edges of the pan. Pierce the bottom of the dough several times with a fork, then set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup sugar 1 tablespoon flour, and half of the cinnamon; continue beating until firm peaks form. Beat in honey, then fold in ricotta cheese until evenly combined. Pour the filling into the prepared pie shell and smooth the top of the pie with a moistened knife.
- Bake in preheated oven until the center is set and the top is dark golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes. Once finished, remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 388 cal
- 18.8 g
- 42.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This was my first time making a pie and pie crust, but it turned out well. It was fine with clover honey; I didn't have any thyme honey. The filling never got thick when I was mixing it, but the pie b..." See moreaked well, and my family loved it."
"This was very easy and delicious. I suspect the ingredients should have called for egg whites instead of eggs, as only egg whites would form the peaks as described, but since the previous reviewers m..." See moreade it as is, so did I and it came out fine. The filling never gets stiff, but it came out great. Not too sweet, not too heavy."
Honey Crunch Pecan Pie
Apple Pie Bars from PHILADELPHIA(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.