White Chocolate Macadamia Creme Brulee12 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“I had this wonderful dessert on vacation and have since played around with a basic Creme Brulee recipe until I came up with this little bit of heaven!” - by Sandy
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Set 6 (4-ounce) ramekins in a deep baking dish. Put 1 tablespoon of the macadamia nuts into each of the ramekins.
- In a saucepan, stir the cream and sugar over medium heat. When the mixture comes to a slow simmer, add the white chocolate and remove from the heat. Whisk until the chocolate has completely melted. Stir in the egg yolks, one at a time, continuing to whisk until combined. Stir in the vanilla extract. Divide the mixture evenly between the ramekins. Place the dish into the oven and then pour water into baking dish until ramekins are 3/4 submerged.
- Bake in preheated oven until custard has set, about 45 minutes. Remove pan and turn oven to broil.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over each of the ramekins. Place pan under broiler until sugar has melted and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Remove ramekins from water bath. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes. I prefer to chill these in the fridge before serving however they are just as heavenly served warm.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 610 cal
- 44.7 g
- 49.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe, you're right out the macadamia nuts, they are a nice surprise in this creme brulee. It wasa little bit too sweet for me so next time i would probably reduce the sugar amount or use a l..." See moreess sweet chocolate. This is a winner, made for a dinner party and admired by all. I served it with strawberries in cointreau which provided a good balance."
"I followed the recipe to a T and it never completely set up. The flavor is great but I've got more of a thick, cold soup......" See more"
White Chocolate Macadamia Cranberry Dreams
Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee
Just swipe to see more like this.