Rice With Olives And Green Chile Peppers11 Reviews
“This is a delicious vegetarian side dish with any type of entree. Watch it disappear. Great pot luck dish, as it can be served right from the oven or just warm.” - by AKLOKI
Original recipe yields 4 to 5 servings
- Combine rice and water in a medium saucepan. Cover. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until done.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a deep, 2 quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together olives, chile peppers, and sour cream. Set aside.
- Spread 2/3's cooked rice in bottom of baking dish. Place sour cream mixture on top of rice, and cover with Monterey Jack cheese. Spread remaining rice on top of cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and cover with shredded Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle paprika over the top. Continue baking until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 739 cal
- 50.9 g
- 46.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I've made this recipe many times. It's one of my favorites! I add a can of Rotele Tomatoes with Chilis-it's the perfect addition. Yummy!..." See more"
"I have been making a variation of this dish for years. Don't use olives, but do mix in garlic powder and either chili poder or caun seasoning into sour cream. I think it turns out better if you mix ..." See morethe rice into the sour cream, with about half the cheese, before turning it into the casserole dish. Then top with the remainder of the cheese. Great way to use up leftover rice or a terrific pot luck dish when doubled."
"Excellant with some cumin and a little chili pwd with the rotel and I use black and green olives. adds a little zap to it. I agree with add sour cream to rice prior to baking and use a little more t..." See moreo keep moist and top with colby longhorn cheese. almost spanish rice with tomatoe juice. I brown the rice as well before cooking. much more flavor and a little nut flavor adds to it. "
Green Chile and Rice Casserole
Green Rice I
Just swipe to see more like this.