Pasta with Vietnamese Pesto5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“I like pasta with pesto because it is a one-bowl, one-pot deal. This is a really yummy pesto. If you can't find fresh lemon grass, use an equal amount of grated lemon zest instead.” - by jen
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Soak rice noodles in a large bowl of cold water for 30 minutes. Drain the noodles, and set them aside.
- Make the pesto: In a blender or food processor combine the chopped cilantro, basil, garlic cloves, lemongrass, jalapeno peppers, imitation fish sauce or salt, and 2 tablespoons of the peanuts. Whirl just until the herbs and peanuts are coarsely chopped. While the machine is running add the oil in a thin stream. Then add the remaining peanuts and run the machine in short spurts until the peanuts are coarsely chopped.
- Place soaked rice noodles into a large skillet with 1/2 cup water over medium-high heat. Stir until most of the water has been absorbed and the noodles are tender.
- Add almost all of the pesto, and stir well, adding a few tablespoons of water if the pesto is clumping.
- Taste the pasta and add more pesto, lime juice, imitation fish sauce, salt, or pepper if you like. Garnish the pasta with the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanuts, and serve right away.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 694 cal
- 29.8 g
- 98.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I was disappointed with the flavor of the pesto. I was hoping for a really asian taste, but it just tasted like peanuty pesto to me. The noodles ended up kind of mushy, too. If you do make this be ..." See morecareful not to add too much water to the pan when you cook them on the stove. I love vietnamese noodles in restaurants, but this didn't even come close for me."
"Good overall recipe. I would suggest cutting back on the amount of rice noodles the recipe calls for, as the pesto was barely able to cover the full pound of noodles. Was very good with additional jal..." See morepeno peppers and sauteed shrimp added."
Teena's Spicy Pesto Chicken and Pasta
Pasta with Spinach Pesto Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.