Mango Masala Scallop Skewers10 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Sea scallops alternating with chunks of mango and green onions are threaded onto Callisons Fine Foods Indian Mango Curry Seasoned Skewers and grilled in this tasty entree served with a sweet chili soy sauce.” - by Callisons Fine Foods, recipe developed by Kathy Ca
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Soak skewers in white wine for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Trim white end of green onion to 3-inch lengths. Cut the remaining green part into thin slivers for garnish if desired.
- Thread onto a skewer in the following order: scallop-white part of green onion-mango, using 1 piece of each. Repeat 1 more time and then add 1 more scallop to secure the mango. Repeat with remaining skewers. Let sit for 10 to 20 minutes in refrigerator.
- Lightly brush skewers on each side with salad oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place on a preheated medium-high grill and cook until scallops are just cooked, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Garnish with green onion slivers and lime wedges.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 225 cal
- 4.6 g
- 20.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"You don't need the seasoned skewers for this recipe to work. Maybe they add some flavor, but we had plenty without them. I soaked plain skewers in wine and sprinkled curry powder on top just for fun..." See more. I used a bag of Coleson's Catch frozen scallops and ended up with about 8 skewers of food between the scallops, mango and onions. You could leave off the onions though, because they cook much much faster than the scallops and even burn. I didn't mind that crispiness, but if you'd rather leave them off the skewers and use them as a garnish after it's all cooked that would work as well. I also sprinkled the scallops with curry powder. I didn't have lime juice, so I just used 2 parts sweet thai chile sauce to 1 part reduced sodium soy sauce and tripled the recipe given to make lots of dipping sauce. It was and incredible dinner and this recipe is definitely a keeper!"
"Seasoned skewers are amazing! I couldn't imagine what or how they would flavor the scallops and mango until I tried them. They were better than a marinade. The flavor they imparted was deep and subtle..." See more at the same time. My advice is to make sure that your grill is pre-heated, and to oil the grill rack instead of the kabobs (or in addition to the kabobs). I had some trouble with sticking, but I fault my technique for that. Oh, and one more thing: The seasoned skewers come in packs of 10. Since this recipe only calls for 4 skewers I opened the package just enough to slide out the 4, then I wrapped the open package in plastic wrap. I don't know if the skewers lose flavor when exposed to the air, but don't want to take any chances."
"These were just terrific. I marinated the scallops in mango juice (used already cut mangos in juice in a jar from the produce isle), soy sauce and ginger. The mango is wonderful on the grill, everyo..." See morene raved. A nice light summer grill recipe. I did not use the flavored skewers, just didn't have time to find them."
Amazing Southwest Cilantro Lime Mango Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
Maple-Orange Shrimp and Scallop Kebobs
Just swipe to see more like this.