Seasoned Skewer Roasted Chicken2 Reviews
“Callisons Holiday Herb Seasoned Skewers impart flavor throughout the bird in this unconventional recipe for succulent roasted chicken.” - by Callisons Fine Foods, recipe developed by Kathy Ca
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Remove the neck and any giblets from the chicken cavity. Rinse the chicken with cold water inside and out, and pat dry.
- Insert 2 skewers, lengthwise, through each side of the breast and then 2 through the legs and thighs. With the last 2 skewers, insert them into each side of the breast, crisscrossing the first skewers.
- Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or refrigerated overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- To roast the chicken, spray a roasting rack with cooking spray. Place the chicken on the prepared roasting rack and set on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush the chicken all over with the butter or olive oil and then sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roast the chicken for about 45 minutes, or until the inner, thickest part of the thigh registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer inserted in the back side of thigh by the body. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes to allow the juices to settle before carving.
- Remove skewers before carving or serving. The chicken is beautiful presented on a platter and carved at the table.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 595 cal
- 37.1 g
- 0.2 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Just swipe to see more like this.