Shrimp Lollipops with Pineapple Chili Dipping Sauce3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 12 min
- Ready In: 57 min
“Surprise your guests with these fun hors d'oeuvres served with a pineapple chili dipping sauce. Ground shrimp meat seasoned with garlic, ginger and soy sauce is formed around the tips of Callisons appetizer-sized Ginger Mango Seasoned Skewers to make savory lollipops that you bake in your oven.” - by Callisons Fine Foods, recipe developed by Kathy Ca
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the shrimp meat, ginger, garlic, cilantro and soy sauce. In a small bowl, combine egg white and corn starch and whisk until frothy then add to the shrimp mixture. Pulse until chopped well. Cover and refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Pineapple Chili Dipping Sauce; in a small bowl, combine chopped pineapple and chili sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To form and serve lollipops: for each skewer, form about 1 1/2 tablespoons of chilled shrimp mixture around the tip of each skewer forming a slightly oval shape. Place onto a lightly oiled baking sheet with sides not touching. Bake in preheated oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve lollipops with the dipping sauce and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 48 cal
- 0.3 g
- < 1%
- 6.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"WOW! What a great concept! These skewers flavor the shrimp from the inside out! Made about sixty for a cocktail party...should have made double the amount! They flew off the trays. Would definitely le..." See moret the mixture rest over night, then put on skewers and let rest for 1/2 hour before baking. Perfect!"
"Made these lollipops for a Mardi Gras party. They are very good and were gone in no time. The first batch I made I refrigerated overnight and they went on the skewers and baked up nicely. The next ..." See morebatch, I did refrigerate for the 30 minutes, and the batter was hard to manage to put on the skewers. I found that if I put the mixture into ovals and baked them before putting them on the skewers, they turned out great. The sauce is awesome, too. "
New Orleans Barbeque Shrimp
Sake Shrimp Skewers with Citrus-Sake Dipping Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.