Poochie Meat Cakes30 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“I have 4 dogs, ranging from 5 yrs - 17 yrs old (Terriers of all sizes). After the big dog food scare, I didn't want to take chances so I tried to figure out a healthy recipe for them, something that had all the nutrients and fat they needed. This is what I came up with and my dogs absolutely loved it! The nice thing about this recipe is that it can be eaten by the humans as well.” - by Shelly H
Original recipe yields 36 poochie cakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease 36 cups of 3 large muffin tins.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, uncovered, and cook 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool several minutes, then fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, ground beef, and eggs. Mix ingredients together using your hands or a sturdy spoon. Add salt, olive oil, rolled oats, and rice; mix well.
- Fill each muffin cup with some of the meat mixture, and pat down the to make it firm. Bake 45 minutes, or until surface feels set. Cool on a rack 10 minutes or longer.
- Remove the meat cakes by turning the muffin tin upside down over a sheet of aluminum foil. Tap each muffin cup to release the cake. Refrigerate or freeze in sealed plastic bags. NOTE: Do not feed to dogs while still hot.
Reviews (30)Rate This Recipe
"My 13 year old Beagle has been going through chemo since last August. I was feeding him only chicken, rice, and vegetables mixed together, but he barely ate the rice or vegetables. With this recipe,..." See more he eats everything. I'll make it with ground chicken or turkey next time, so he can have both red and white meat. Thank you very much! "
"We make this all the time. I add liver that I chop into fine bits and we make it in 9x13 pans instead of muffin pans then cut it into squares and mix it in with dry dog food. It's time consuming to ma..." See moreke and makes alot, but we just freeze it and it lasts for weeks and weeks."
Doggie Birthday Cake
Delicious Dog Treats
Just swipe to see more like this.