Sweet and Sour Onions2 Reviews
“Large onions cut in half and infused with taste. A simple complement to your meal, or a tasty light lunch. Tip: try cutting off a portion of the rounded bottom of the onions so that they will wobble less while you prepare and cook!” - by CHRISTYJ
Original recipe yields 8 side dish servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange the onions in a 9x13 inch baking pan. Arrange the onions so that the flat side of the onion is facing the ceiling.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together the vinegar and sugar. Spoon the mixture onto the flat surface of the onions.
- In another mixing bowl combine the breadcrumbs with 1/4 cup oil, sage, rosemary and parsley. Mix the mixture until well combined. Pat the mixture evenly onto the flat side of the onions.
- Drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup of oil over the onions and bake for 45 minutes or until the onions are tender when pierced. Let the onions cool at room temperature. Serve with salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 208 cal
- 14.3 g
- 18 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This is an excellent side dish. We had it along with scalloped potatoes for dinner. The sweet and sour of this dish added a good accent to normally bland potatoes. I will be making this dish again...." See more"
Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage
Just swipe to see more like this.