Fried Pickles31 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“Who would have thought that pickles could taste so good fried? Partner them with Cajun buttermilk ranch dressing for dipping. Yum!” - by Mama Smith
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Cover a plate with parchment paper or wax paper. In a shallow dish, combine buttermilk, salt, and pepper. Place pickles in mixture and set aside.
- Pour the flour, cornmeal, seafood seasoning, and 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning into a large, resealable plastic bag; shake to mix well. Add pickles a few at a time and tumble gently to coat evenly with the flour mixture. Remove and place on prepared plate.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C) in deep-fryer or heavy deep skillet.
- Fry pickles in several batches until golden brown and slightly crisp on the outside with a moist interior, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk ranch dressing with 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning; blend. Serve as a dipping sauce for warm pickles.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 364 cal
- 27.7 g
- 25.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"Awesome recipe. I did not use the seafood seasoning because I did not have it. But I did use the Cajun and it was good. It tasted just like eating out. Also, I picked this recipe because it did not ha..." See moreve eggs. I was beginning to think you could not fry pickles without eggs. Thanks so much poster."
"The first time I ever saw these on a menu, I thought it was a joke. Then, I ate one. Fried pickles are so delicious and this recipe makes them turn out crisp and yummy. I've always dipped them in p..." See morelain ranch dressing but the cajun seasoned kick to it is a great touch. Don't be afraid to try these - you'll be hooked!"
Southern Fried Chicken Gizzards
Deep Fried Dill Pickles
Just swipe to see more like this.