Herbed Cream Cheese Omelet37 Reviews
“Somehow, when cream cheese is mixed with herbs and melted in an omelet, it acquires a wonderful taste that you wouldn't associate with cream cheese.” - by jen
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix the cream cheese with the cilantro in a bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat one-quarter of the butter in a well-seasoned omelet pan or 8 inch non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. When the butter is hot and bubbling, swirl it around in the pan.
- Just before the butter begins to brown, beat 2 of the eggs and pour into pan. Lower the heat.
- After 10 seconds or so, the omelet will coagulate. Push the omelet to one side of the pan with a spoon or spatula, and let the raw egg run over the cleared skillet. Repeat this one more time, then take the skillet off the heat.
- Dab one quarter of the herbed cream cheese along the middle of the omelet from one side to the other. Season the omelet with additional salt and pepper to taste. If it has not completely set, place the pan over medium heat for a half minute longer. When the omelet is set, slide it from the pan onto a plate so that the omelet rolls up and the herbed cream cheese runs along the length of the roll. Serve it right away. Make three more omelets the same way, making sure the pan and butter get good and hot before adding the beaten eggs. Serve each one as soon as it is cooked.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 320 cal
- 28.5 g
- 1.7 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (37)Rate This Recipe
"This omelet was FANTASTIC! I too am on a carb-limiting diet, so this fits in perfectly. The only change I made was too use dried chives instead of cilantro. I have never made an omlet before but this ..." See morewas soo easy and took less than 10 min. from start to finish!"
"I tried using scallions instead of the cilantro like someone suggested and WOW!!! This is so good!!! Thanks for the recipe and the suggestion. 8/5: I just made these again using cream cheese with onio..." See morens and chives, as well as some quickly microwaved spinach. These might even be better this way!"
"GOODNESS ME! i'm a vegetarian so always want to include eggs in my diet for my protein intake but always shy from omlettes because of the eggy smell...however...the cream cheese folded into the omlett..." See moree was such an unbelievably divine combination that i had to make myself another one! i dont like cilantro so simply used cream cheese, with salt and pepper the 1st time and the second time, mixed a teaspoon of green pesto into the cream cheese - DIVINE!!.it was perfect with a side salad and some coleslaw! and using butter instead of oil to fry the omlette made it slide off the pan so easily and gave it a lovely buttery undertone!"
Yummy Veggie Omelet
Egyptian Feta Cheese Omelet Roll
Just swipe to see more like this.