Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Icing29 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“A delicious gluten-free chocolate cake!” - by Gluten Free Mommy
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the sorghum, tapioca, and rice flours with the cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in the brown and white sugars; whip until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and egg yolks one at a time. Add the vanilla. On low speed, alternately combine the buttermilk with the flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan.
- To make the icing, in the top of a double boiler over medium high heat, melt the chocolate chips (or use microwave). Remove from heat and cool until warm. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla; add heavy cream. Stir in additional heavy cream to make desired consistency. Once the cake is thoroughly cool, spread a thin layer of frosting over the top.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 430 cal
- 20.8 g
- 60.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (29)Rate This Recipe
"I first saw this recipe on the authors's blog, and on my favorite forums.glutenfree message board. I gave it a try today. This is the best GF chocolate cake I have ever made. Moist and tender and n..." See moreot at all heavy. Gluten eaters would never know the difference. I made 24 cupcakes, and baked them for 25 minutes. One adjustment, however. The measurement for xanthan gum should be 1.5 teaspoon, not 1.5 tablespoons. I also used a simple buttercream tinted green for Saint Patrick's day. I'm sure the frosting posted with the recipe is great too."
"This first time that I tried this recipe it wasn't particularly good... but then I actually read the comments and reduced the amount of xanthum gum and it was really good! Nobody believed that it was ..." See moregluten free! :)"
Garbanzo Bean Chocolate Cake (Gluten Free!)
Chocolate Lover's Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Icing
Just swipe to see more like this.