Seared Rabbit with Rosemary Potatoes3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“I'm Palestinian and my mother would cook this for special guests. A very exotic twist to cooking rabbit with sage, olives, artichokes and served alongside rosemary potatoes.” - by IMANKAY
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Toss potatoes and 2 sliced onions with rosemary and olive oil in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper; spread into a large, shallow baking dish.
- Bake potatoes in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Cook rabbit pieces, turning once, until brown on both sides, about 10 minutes. Add the remaining onion, olives, sage, and marjoram and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir artichokes, tomato paste and parsley into skillet with rabbit. Replace cover and simmer until artichokes are tender, about 15 minutes. Serve with rosemary potatoes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 732 cal
- 26.9 g
- 53.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"we didn't have fresh anything, so I used botled spices, the potatoes were really nice, but for the rabbit, I'd been slow cooking it in water all morning when I looked for a recipe so I tossed it in th..." See moree spice and tomato paste after I'd shredded it from the bones. Good recipe, will make it according to the recipe next time. I'll be prepared! thanks for sharing :)"
"This was pretty good but the searing cooked the onions and the olives to fast they ended up burning so I had to omit them from the final dish. Some lemon juice would have been perfect for a little tan..." See moreg. Will use this recipie again."
"This is absolutely delicious! Our rabbit did not produce enough juice to simmer for as long as the recipe recommends (our rabbit was very lean) so I added a little bit of water to it. Everything else ..." See morefollowed to the letter. Very good, my husband loved it, and so did my one year old. Will definitely be making this again!"
Braised Rabbit with Mushroom Sauce
Aloo Gobi Masala (Cauliflower and Potato Curry)
Just swipe to see more like this.