Indian Cauliflower47 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“A spicy cauliflower served whole on a platter - looks like a red and yellow flower. Garam Masala can be found in Indian grocery stores and some traditional grocery stores. I like to serve peas and carrots lightly cooked in butter on the side of this dish.” - by Hetal
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut off most of the cauliflower's stem and place the whole head in a baking dish.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil and turmeric together in a small frying pan. Brush the cauliflower head with the oil and turmeric mixture.
- Bake the cauliflower for 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking heat two tablespoons of oil in a frying pan, mix in the minced onions and saute until the are a medium brown color. Add the pureed tomatoes, garlic powder, garam masala and salt. Let this mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving plate. Place the cauliflower on top of the lettuce. Pour the tomato curry over the cauliflower. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 168 cal
- 11.6 g
- 15.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (47)Rate This Recipe
"Awesome! The garam masala is a MUST! I cut the oil in half, and it was just fine. I had to microwave the baked cauliflower for 2 minutes - it wasn't quite tender. One tip: don't let the tomato cu..." See morerry sit and cool before serving because it thickens up too much. The next time I made this, I used only 1 Tbl. oil and diced canned tomatoes. After the sauce was finished cooking, I pureed it in my food processor. For the cauliflower, I steamed it in my vegetable steamer until tender, then did a 'rough chop' to get smaller florets (which is how I see this dish served in Indian restaurants). I then mixed the cauliflower into the pureed sauce. I will make those changes again! Thanks for the recipe!"
"I like Indian food, this is a good one. I changed it a little though. I think as suggested before by some other reviews it's a must to seperate the cauliflower into florets if you want to cook it in 3..." See more0 minutes. Also I raised the temperature to 450 F, and it cooked perfectly. I used fresh garlic also added fresh ginger to the sauce, cut the garam masala in half and added some chili powder since I like my food hot. I didn't have any at home but next time I cook this dish I will sprinkle it with chopped cilantro before serving."
Cauliflower and Potato Stir-Fry - East Indian Recipe
Just swipe to see more like this.