Duck and Fontina Pizza With Rosemary and Caramelized Onions18 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is my version of duck confit pizza, made with several prepackaged ingredients and fresh, flavorful cheese. You'll be eating a restaurant-quality meal in minutes, even if it is just in front of the television!” - by FYRECRACKER
Original recipe yields 8 slices
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Cut several slits into the fatty skin of the duck breast. In a skillet over medium heat, fry skin-side-down for 10 minutes. Flip and continue to cook in its own fat for 10 minutes more. Remove from pan. Carefully remove skin using a sharp knife, then slice, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, cook onions in olive oil over medium heat until translucent and soft, about 5 minutes. Mix in honey and continue to cook until brown and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Spread goat cheese evenly over pizza crust and season with salt and pepper. Then layer with caramelized onions, fontina cheese, duck breast slices and rosemary.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese in center of pizza is completely melted, about 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 404 cal
- 24.5 g
- 24.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"Huuuge hit at our house tonight. I've never seen "spreadable" goat cheese, so I took a regular log and mashed it with a bit of sour cream until it was smooth and spreadable. Great combination of flavo..." See morers."
"Outstanding. For a truly decadent version, cook the duck breast first and save the rendered fat. Slice a potato thinly and drizzle the duck fat over the slices before roasting them in the oven. Add..." See more the roast potato slices as another layer of the pizza. I also used goat cheese which had honey added. Really, great fun recipe."
Spicy Salmon with Caramelized Onions
Chicken and Gorgonzola Pizza
Just swipe to see more like this.