Easy Bacon, Onion and Cheese Stuffed Burgers58 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“Wonderful stuffed burger that can be easily changed to suit different tastes. My kids who normally don't have onions on their burgers REALLY enjoyed these. We served with french fries and root beer floats!” - by AmyThompson
Original recipe yields 6 burgers
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, black pepper, barbeque sauce and garlic powder using your hands. Taking a small handful at a time (approximately 1/4 pound), shape into 12 patties. Lay patties out on a cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap; place patties in the refrigerator.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Turn the heat down to medium and pan fry the onions in the remaining bacon drippings until soft and translucent and just beginning to brown. Mix together onions and bacon in a small bowl.
- Prepare a grill or large skillet for medium heat.
- As the grill heats, pull beef patties out of the refrigerator; top 6 of the patties with 1- 1/2 tablespoons of the bacon and onion mixture each, and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top each with one of the remaining patties and press the edges together to seal.
- Grill or pan fry the stuffed and sealed patties until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve on hamburger buns with condiments of your choice.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 670 cal
- 38.8 g
- 26.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (58)Rate This Recipe
"So filling and delicious! I pressed the hamburg as thin as possible and made equal sized patties. Next time, I think I'll deliberately make two diffent sized patties, putting my filling on the smalle..." See morer one, and topping with the larger hamburger patty to make more secure topper and edge. I omitted the BBQ sauce (not a bit fan of it) and added the slightest bit of powdered garlic. For the life of me I can't grill hamburgers without their falling into the flame, so I pan-fried these and it worked wonderfully. Boyfriend raved about how good these are and I agree. Thank you for a fun, different and tasty way to make hamburgers! "
"Deeeelicious! I added a little minced garlic to the ground beef and didn't have any onions on hand, so I did without. I added a little bbq sauce to the top of the burger just before serving. My pic..." See moreky teenagers are still bragging about what a great cook I am! =) Thanks for a great burger recipe!"
"Full of Flavor!! I am learning to cook so mine looked a little less than perfect (mainly because I had to defrost the meat in the microwave (last minute dinner) and it didn't stick together (but that ..." See morewas entirely me, not the recipe) Anyway, I will be making it again Everyone enjoyed it..except my brother, he still refuses to even TASTE anything I cook."
Feta and Bacon Stuffed Chicken with Onion Mashed Potatoes
Garlic and Onion Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.