Jambalaya with Fresh Fruit8 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Fruit is incorporated into a classic jambalaya recipe to create a sweet and savory delight! Combine fresh pineapple, mangoes and apples, or choose your favorite. Use chicken apple or chicken mango sausages to enhance the flavor.” - by Kristy Ainslie
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish with lid.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish. Dip the sausages into the flour to coat evenly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the sausages, turning to brown all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Stir in the onion, green pepper, garlic, and bay leaves; stir and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Combine the rice with the pepper mixture; stir and cook until the rice turns opaque, about 3 minutes. Stir in the thyme, salt, chili powder, white and black peppers, red pepper flakes, wine, tomatoes, and chicken broth. Add the sausages; increase heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Transfer the rice mixture to the large pot and cover.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove pot from the oven. Stir in the shrimp, pineapple, mango, and apple; blending thoroughly with the rice mixture. Cover and bake until shrimp is cooked, 10 to 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 478 cal
- 15.9 g
- 55 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"I submitted this recipe and it was changed by the all recipe people. I only called for pineapple, not mango and apple. I think that with all that fruit, I would have to agree with the earlier review..." See more that it is too much. "
"I used Ingredient Search for pineapple, chicken and sausage. This is the only recipe that came up. I read to the end, and almost cried when I saw "apples" and "mango." I thought the author of the r..." See moreecipe was going overboard. Just the pineapple would have been sufficient. Glad to hear the author didn't add those two atrocious ingredients. I made this dish WITHOUT the apples and mango, and it came out splendidly."
Fresh Fruit Vinaigrette
Just swipe to see more like this.