Grandma Standard's Cornbread Dressing7 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This is a family heirloom recipe passed down from my great grandmother, Ollie Joe Standard, who got it from her mother, and so on and so on. Most people only fix dressing for Thanksgiving or other holidays, but we love this so much we eat it all year round. Hope you all like it, too!” - by Chrisie
Original recipe yields 15 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place the cornbread cubes into a large bowl. Set aside until needed.
- Place the chicken breasts in a pot and cover with water. Add salt to taste. Bring to a boil, and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove the chicken breasts from the pan, reserving at least 2 cups of the chicken broth. When cool enough to handle, remove the skin and debone, discarding the skin and bones.
- Mix the onion, chicken broth, and red pepper with the cornbread; mash the mixture using a hand masher. Season to taste with sage, salt, and black pepper, adding a little at a time. Stir in the chicken. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 416 cal
- 15 g
- 50.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is great. For additional flavor I added finely chopped celery and bell pepper. ..." See more"
"This is good just like it's listed, with a little cayenne pepper. I certainly can't imagine adding chili powder to dressing. I added a little bit of poultry seasoning to mine and and it was great...." See more"
Cornbread Dressing I
Old South Herbed Cornbread Dressing
Just swipe to see more like this.