Chicken Caesar Pitas31 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Enjoy a tender, flavorful chicken Caesar pita with homemade croutons.” - by Michelle
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a saucepan with garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary; add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat medium-low, cover, and simmer until chicken is tender and no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. Remove chicken, let cool, and cut into strips.
- Meanwhile, place bread cubes on a baking sheet. Spray with butter spray; sprinkle with garlic salt and parsley.
- Bake bread cubes in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Turn cubes; spray again with butter spray and sprinkle with garlic salt and parsley. Bake another 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown and crunchy. Remove croutons, and let cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly browned and crispy. Remove bacon from skillet, drain on paper towels and crumble.
- Combine chicken, bacon, lettuce, and croutons in a large bowl. Toss with Caesar salad dressing and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss again. Spoon salad mixture into pita bread halves.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 562 cal
- 33.5 g
- 36.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"Loved this, but I was a little lazy. When I was in the store getting the chicken, I bought croutons, put them in a Ziploc bag and banged them just a bit with a rolling pin just to reduce the size, als..." See moreo picked up some bacon bits. (I guess I was real lazy) Sprinkled the croutons and bacon bits into the delicious salad and everyone loved them. You can call me lazy on this one, but........oh heck, I'm just lazy. "
"these are wonderful. i left out the croutons becuase then it would seem to much like a salad and my husband doesnt like salad. but this was absoultly amazing definatly going to be a weekly meal thank ..." See moreyou so much for this wonderful recipe."
Easy and Fast Cajun Chicken Caesar Salad
Smoked Chicken Caesar Salad with Maille(R) Dijon Originale Mustard
Just swipe to see more like this.