Ricotta Stuffed Squash54 Reviews
“This yummy squash recipe is easy and healthy to make. Serve it warm with pasta or rice.” - by Maryanne
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Trim off ends of squash; cut squash in half (lengthwise). With a teaspoon scoop out seeds and part of the pulp leaving shells about 1/2 inch thick. Steam squash shells over boiling water until crisp-tender (about 5 minutes). Plunge into cold water, drain well and set aside.
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, melt one tablespoon of the butter. Add onion and garlic and cook until they are done. Squeeze the spinach to remove extra moisture and add to the garlic and onion and cook until thoroughly heated.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine eggs, ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and spinach mixture. Fill the squash halves with this mixture, about three tablespoons per shell and place squash in a shallow baking dish. Melt the remaining butter and brush over the squash shells
- Bake for 20 minutes. If desired, serve with tomato sauce.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 270 cal
- 12.9 g
- 25.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (54)Rate This Recipe
"This is a good recipe. It does well when cut in half. To add quickness cook squash in microwave. Cook halves on a plate for 1 1/2 min on high. Test every 45 sec. for tenderness. I would suggest e..." See moreating with tomato sauce. Good without, better with!"
"I thought this was great! I made a lot of changes. I sauted the scooped out parts with the onion and garlic and omitted the spinach. It took about 50 minutes to cook. Anyway, it was delicious and ..." See moreI'll definitely make it again!"
Stuffed Shells I
Stuffed Green Peppers II
Just swipe to see more like this.