Bruschetta II42 Reviews
“This Italian appetizer made of bread, fresh spinach, and some other goodies is great for serving at parties. A French baguette is a long, narrow loaf of French bread. I like to garnish the bruschetta with more basil.” - by Maryanne
Original recipe yields 8 appetizer servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Arrange the bread slices on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- In an electric blender or food processor combine the spinach, Parmesan, almonds, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until a paste forms. Pulse in 2 tablespoons olive oil; continue pulsing until the mixture is the consistency of soft butter.
- In a small mixing bowl combine chopped tomatoes, green onion and 1 tablespoon olive oil; stir.
- Bake the bread slices for 5 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Arrange toast on a serving platter. Spread each piece of toast with a thin layer of the blended pesto, then top with the tomato mixture.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 529 cal
- 39.7 g
- 30.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (42)Rate This Recipe
"This was relatively easy to make (and quick cleanup- just my processor)and was a hit at a dinner party. I was a little unsure of how they would be recieved because it did not look like traditional br..." See moreuschetta, but they are SO much tastier and there were no leftovers. I added some diced mozzarella to the tomato mixture for that complimentary taste. I will definately make these again...One problem though- the recipe made way too much pesto, and i did not even use the requested amount of almonds. Thanks for the recipe, Maryanne."
"This was definitely a big hit at my family gathering. Most said it was the best bruschetta they ever had, and I would have to agree. I recommend purchasing a bag of pre-washed spinach leaves situate..." See mored at the grocery store next to the bags of salad - more simple that way."
Bruschetta with Shallots
Just swipe to see more like this.