Baked Macaroni and Cheese288 Reviews
“A friend of mine sent this recipe to me when I got my first apartment, because she knows how much I hate cooking! It's really easy -- even I can make it -- and tastes great. I'm not sure where she found the recipe, but it included the note 'Good source of protein, vitamin A, B group vitamins, calcium.'” - by Meredith
Original recipe yields 3 to 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large pot of salted water, lightly boil the macaroni for about 5 minutes until half-cooked.
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a large cup. Add butter and cheese to the egg and milk. Stir well.
- Place the lightly cooked macaroni in the prepared baking dish. Pour the egg and cheese liquid over the macaroni, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir well. Press the mixture evenly around the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is brown.
Amount Per Serving (3 total)
- 968 cal
- 45.4 g
- 92.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (288)Rate This Recipe
"I loved this recipe, however I did make a couple of minor modifications. First, I used 4T of butter, and 3.5c of cheese. Second, I warmed/melted cheese into the milk/egg mixture on medium heat while..." See more cooking the macaroni. Third, I put a layer of Italian Bread Crumbs on top of dish and covered for 15 minutes while baking. Uncovered it for the last 15 minutes then stirred in the bread crumbs before serving."
"I made this recipe exactly as written for a party. I was kinda embarrassed about it. There wasn't enough cheese in it, it came out really dry and hard on top, and exactly how much salt and pepper shou..." See moreld I put in it? I didn't know how much I should put in, I put in a little bit - and it was bland. I was scared I would put in too much if I kept adding more. The cheese mixture wasn't creamy, but more curdy like others had mentioned. It's a good base recipe, but next time I will add more cheese, re-guesstimate how much salt to add, and cover it while baking to help prevent that rock-hard layer of pasta on top, then maybe brown it under the broiler quickly. Leaving the oven on bake to brown dried it out, I think."
"I have used this recipe forever and a day. My mom taught me this when I first started to cook as a kid. The only difference is We layer it... macaroni, season lightly,cheese, then repeating steps unti..." See morel macaroni is finished and end by topping with cheese. Then we pour milk and egg mixture over the macaroni and cheese. Sometimes I use a few other cheeses besides just cheddar. "
Baked Mac and Cheese with Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese
Baked Macaroni and Cheese I
Just swipe to see more like this.