Summer Feta Burger with Gourmet Cheese Spread37 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Just in time for the summer barbeque season! These juicy burgers are sure to be a crowd pleaser at those summer cookouts!” - by Charles
Original recipe yields 8 burgers
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 clove minced garlic, basil, and dill. Cover and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and cook 1 clove minced garlic and onion for 4 to 6 minutes, or until translucent. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- While the grill is heating, gently mix together the cooked garlic and onion, ground beef, pork sausage, feta cheese, red wine, egg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Do not over work the meat mixture. Divide into 8 equal parts and form into patties.
- Grill patties on preheated grill for 5 to 10 minutes per side, until well done. Toast the split buns on the grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Assemble the burgers by spreading 1 1/2 tablespoon of the cheese and herb spread to both the top and bottom of each roll. Place patties on the bottom half of the rolls and stack a slice of tomato, sliced red onion, and a leaf of lettuce on each burger. Add the roll tops and serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 566 cal
- 36.3 g
- 27.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (37)Rate This Recipe
"GREAT TWIST ON THE BURGER! A few notes: Use 80% Lean ground beef. Onion and garlic need not be pre cooked before adding to meat mixture. A must try!..." See more"
"This burger was very moist and flavorful! Great combination of ingredients to change your average burger. I love the addition of the feta cheese. I added more pork sausage to get a few additional b..." See moreurgers. I liked the cheese spread but the burger is good without it! Will make again using ground turkey next time. "
"This has to be absolutely one of the best things I have ever tasted! I woke up this morning thinking about it again! The flavor is almost indescribeable it is so rich. The burgers were so juicy and th..." See moree cheese spread really cemented the medley of flavors! Wow! We aren't big traditional burger fans in our house, so we doubled the size of the burgers so it made four instead of eight and we had them as hamburger steaks. YUMMY!!!"
Cheese Dip II
The Twenty Dollar Burger
Just swipe to see more like this.