Fluffy Haddock and Potato Pie10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This filling recipe is best enjoyed on a cold day. Great served with peas or broccoli and some crusty bread. This dish can also be prepared with cod fillets, and is delicious prepared with a mixture of both cod and haddock. If available, use Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes.” - by Patches
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot of salted water. Cook until tender enough to insert a fork, but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and move to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place the haddock in a large saucepan over medium heat. Pour the milk over the fish and then sprinkle with the green onions. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer haddock to a plate. Remove the bones and skin and discard. Pour the milk mixture over the diced potatoes; beat until smooth. Blend in the creme fraiche. Season with salt and pepper. Gently fold the haddock into the mixture along with half of the shredded Emmentaler cheese. Spoon the mixture into a large, shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining Emmentaler cheese over the top
- Bake in preheated oven until the surface has turned golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 530 cal
- 21.2 g
- 52.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Easy to make and satisfying meal which is healthier than the usual fish pie. I made half the recipe using smoked haddock, normal onions and mature cheddar cheese. Also added some defrosted frozen peas..." See more and spinach, and mushrooms with the milk, fish and onions to make it a full meal to eat at work. Didn't add the creme freche/fromage frais as it would have been too wet(I didn't cook it in the oven): I've frozen the portions and will be reheating it at work in the microwave. Simple and yummy."
Mom's Two-Crust Potato Pie
Beef Potato House Pie Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.