Breaded Chicken Limone10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“At a highly-rated Italian restaurant chain I ordered the Veal Limone with Tuscan Beans and Escarole. It was amazing, but a bit pricey. So I made my own recipe with easier-to-find and affordable ingredients: chicken breasts, navy beans, and Brussels sprouts.” - by Navy S.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season flour, eggs, and bread crumbs with salt and pepper. Mix cayenne pepper into the flour only. Dip each breast into flour, then into the beaten eggs, and then into the bread crumbs, coating evenly. Place onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes on each side or until brown and crispy.
- While chicken bakes, heat oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and Brussels sprouts and stir until garlic releases its fragrance and sprouts are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour. Then add the water, lemon juice, drained beans, and sugar. Stir over medium heat until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes. Add additional water if sauce is too thick. Remove from the heat and stir in remaining butter, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place each piece of chicken onto a serving plate. Spoon the sauce over it and garnish with chopped parsley and remaining Parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 871 cal
- 27.7 g
- 100.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"fantastic romantic meal, and also for entertaining. The sauce is wonderful and goes well with the chicken, and roast picallo tomatoes and baby peppers go wondrfully on the side with this dish. I will ..." See morebe making this one again wonderful flaversome food, one for the lovers of good tasty meals. Could not fault this one you could not get better in any restaurant"
"This turned out fabulous. Easy and tasty. I used boneless chicken thighs instead of breasts (I personally think they are more flavorful and cheaper too!) and I used 1/2 white wine 1/2 water. I also ..." See moreused fresh brussel sprouts quartered, about 2.5 cups. Like previous user, I also used just a half teaspoon sugar, just enough to cut the tartness of lemons. Really a tasty dish and interesting use of brussel sprouts! "
Breaded Chicken Fingers
Breaded Picante Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.