Caesar Salad I57 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“A 'worth-the-effort' salad!! Always a winner, if you love Caesar Salad! The secret is the dressing and the croutons.” - by Cathy Hofmann
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Clean lettuce thoroughly and wrap in paper towels to absorb moisture. Refrigerate until crisp, at least 1 hour or more.
- In a bowl or jar combine oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard, garlic and lemon juice. Whisk until well blended.
- Coddle egg by heating 3 cups of water to boiling. Drop in egg (still in shell) and let stand for 1 minute. Remove egg from water and let cool. Once cooled crack open and whisk egg into dressing. Whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Mash desired amount of anchovies and whisk them into the dressing. If desired set aside a few for garnish.
- To assemble, place torn lettuce leaves in a large bowl. Pour dressing over the top and toss lightly. Add the grated cheese, garlic croutons and freshly ground pepper, toss. Serve immediately!
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 544 cal
- 44.2 g
- 25.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (57)Rate This Recipe
"We found the flavor of the extra virgin olive oil way too strong for this salad; perhaps using extra light would work better and not be so overwhelming. Also, I question the accuracy of the mustard p..." See moreowder measurement -- should it have perhaps been 1/4 teaspoon vs. 1/4 tablespoon? I don't think this is one that I'll make again. I also tried the recipe for Caesar Salad Supreme; it was a creamy vs. oil dressing, and it was much more flavorful."
"My entire family said this was the best caesar salad they have ever eaten! By the way, we are Italian, live in NY and have had lots of caesar salads. It was easy and very delicious and true caesar. ..." See more I also stir fired chicken pieces with some of the dressing and added it to the salad with fresh toasted garlic-butter croutons . It was really good. Thank you. I have been lookling for years for a good caeser salad recipe."
"The only person in my family who LOVES anchovies is my husband. Well, guess what? He was outvoted because my girls and I don't like them so I left them out. I was, however, a nice wife and threw some ..." See moreon top of his salad plate. To me, this is the perfect caesar salad and I thank you Cathy for submitting it!"
Caesar Salad Supreme
Caesar Salad II
Just swipe to see more like this.