Roasted Cauliflower Soup136 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“I created this delicious and creamy soup to bring to work for a healthy lunch. I hope you enjoy it too!” - by Jennie
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place the cauliflower in a small roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and season with nutmeg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven stirring every 10 minutes until golden brown and tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook and stir until lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and stir to coat. Slowly pour the chicken broth and milk into the pan. Mix with a wire whisk until all of the flour is dissolved. Bring to a boil while stirring continuously until it thickens, then reduce heat to low. Stir in the sherry and the roasted cauliflower. Serve as is, or blend half and recombine with the rest of the soup for a thicker consistency.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 135 cal
- 7.6 g
- 13.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (136)Rate This Recipe
"Please don't rate the recipe poorly because you didn't like the changes you made to the recipe. I made this soup as a healthy recipe to enjoy for lunch. Some butter, carrots & some freshly grated p..." See morearmesan cheese would make this taste even better. * I do want to caution others that I used a large head of cauliflower. I would strongly encourage others to reduce the amount of garlic if they are not garlic lovers and the salt should probably be reduced to 1 teaspoon. You can always add more later. I like less broth & more veggies so others may also chose to add more milk & flour if a soupier consistency is desired. A medium sized roasting pan or 13"x9" pan is a better fit than the small roasting pan I noted in the recipe as it allows more room to toss. Jo's Rosemary Bread compliments this meal. (I add garlic powder & grated parmesan cheese to it.) Enjoy! ~Jennie"
"OUTSTANDING! Deserves way more than 5 stars! This is one of the best soups I've tried. If you love garlic and you love cauliflower then you MUST try this recipe. The only suggestion I have is to use a..." See more potato masher on the cauliflower after it comes out of the oven,(before you add it to your soup pot.) I used a dry, white wine in place of the sherry and I think the head of cauliflower I had was exceptionally large, so I had to use an extra splash or two of both the milk and the chicken broth. Just use your best judgement to get the desired consistency you prefer. A very BIG thanks to Jennie for submitting this one; it's a definite keeper!!!"
Roasted Cauliflower and Leek Soup
Fabulous Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.