Ham and Green Bean Casserole19 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“This casserole recipe is great for leftover ham. It sounds strange, but it's wonderfully tasty!” - by JENNWING
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Oil a 9-inch baking dish with spray cooking oil.
- Place the bread cubes in a small bowl. Melt the butter in a large skillet, and pour half over the bread cubes. Toss cubes and set the bowl aside.
- Add the onion to the remaining butter in the skillet and cook over medium heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the chopped ham. Stir in the cream of celery soup and the milk. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring. Remove from heat.
- Put the rice and water into the baking dish. Top with the drained green beans. Then spoon the ham mixture on top of the green beans. Cover with the slices of American cheese, then sprinkle over all with the bread cubes.
- Bake uncovered until cheese melts and edges bubble, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 707 cal
- 36 g
- 62.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"Kind of weird but the flavors all work very well together. WARNING: Don't be an idiot like me - either use instant (I never have that on hand) or COOK the rice a little first. You'd think that was fai..." See morerly basic but the minute I put it together I thought, "oh, that's not good." And cooked it anyway. The rice was mostly crunchy. But the rest was yummy. I'll do it again. And it's a great way to use up leftovers!!"
"Excellent way to use leftover ham. I had to substitute cream of mushroom soup for the cream of celery, and I added 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce. Will definitely make this again...." See more"
"I made this recipe as a "Chopped" challenge. My husband (at my request) picked surprise ingredients and I had to figure out how to use my "basket" of ingredients to make supper! What fun. We have d..." See moreone this a few times and it is a hoot. Anyway, tonight he brought home two ham steaks, fresh green beans and an Uncle Ben's sun-dried tomato rice mix. I used these along with cream of mushroom soup and shreded jack cheese. Per another reviewer's advice, I partially cooked the rice mix first and steamed the green beans. We loved it!!! Nice easy weeknight meal, and a great Chopped challenge!"
French Onion Green Bean Casserole
Green Bean and Canadian Bacon Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.