Spinach Quiche with Kid Appeal44 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“My kids love this easy quiche. I serve it with fresh cantaloupe for a light weeknight supper or weekend lunch. Enjoy!” - by SILLYJILLY
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring the pie crust to room temperature.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the onion and cook until onion becomes transparent, about 5 minutes. Combine the spinach with the onion, cover the skillet; turn off the heat, and set aside.
- Unroll the crust and press to fit into a 9 inch pie plate. Trim the edges.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until light colored and frothy. Add the garlic, thyme, basil, cheeses, and spinach mixture, and stir until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the spinach mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top is golden brown, and an inserted tooth pick comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 378 cal
- 27.2 g
- 17.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (44)Rate This Recipe
"I can only give this recipe 4 stars because of my modifications. I used a deep dish pie pan. added only 6 eggs and a splash more of milk. Next a handful of Cheddar cheese, onion powder instead of oni..." See moreon and I sauted the spinach in garlic and butter. Finally, I added 3 strips of cooked bacon crumbled. "
"It was a good recipe, but it had too much egg and herbs for my taste. In the future I will be reducing the eggs to 6, the herbs to 1/2 teaspoon each and adding an additional 1/2 cup of cheese. My boyf..." See moreriend thought it tasted great the way it was and actually ate over half of it in one night. He said it tasted much better than the pre-made frozen mini-quiches. "
Just swipe to see more like this.