Fresh Strawberry-Oatmeal Cookies34 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 8 min
- Ready In: 28 min
“Nothing is better than fresh, hand-picked strawberries. It seems like you always pick too many though! Make these wonderful cookies with your extra berries.” - by Brittany
Original recipe yields 40 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine the strawberries with 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl. Toss gently to blend, and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in the rolled oats and blend evenly; set aside.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in the large mixing bowl of an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla, and continue beating until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture, and mix well to blend. Combine the strawberries with the flour mixture, and stir to blend. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until slightly brown, about 8 minutes. Cool on baking sheets. Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving (40 total)
- 76 cal
- 2.7 g
- 12.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"Yum - what a fun summer cookie! I baked these on wax paper-covered cookie sheets to prevent sticking and to make for an easy cleanup. I had to make a few changes to get these just right, and they tu..." See morerned out delicious. I had to add about 1/4 cup of additional flour because the dough was rather runny. I also mixed in 1 cup of chocolate chips (who doesn't like chocolate-covered strawberries?!). I would also recommend refrigerating the dough for a bit to make for a fluffier, nicer-looking cookie. Very good, and I will be making these again soon. Thanks, Brittany!"
"I used 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, light brown sugar, 1 cup mini chocolate chips and just a little over 1 cup oats. I also put all the cut strawberries on paper towels to absorb some of the moi..." See moresture out - used all other ingredients as mentioned. It was not runny at all. I added some pearl sugar on top and baked 8 - 10 minutes - AND SCRUMPCIOUS!"
"I took one of the advice posted and added more flour and rolled oats. It came out great! I also only used whole-wheat flour and brown sugar. I made them pretty big and they didn't spread out so I h..." See moread to cook them extra long. I baked them for 20 mins and they came out great. Healthy and yummy!"
Fresh Ginger Cookies
Fresh Fig Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.