Chicken with Orange and Lemon Sauce4 Reviews
“Breaded chicken breasts served with a sweet zesty orange sauce.” - by Inspired by Home Cooks
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small bowl beat together eggs and milk. Add 2 cups flour, salt and pepper. Beat all together until smooth. In a shallow dish or plate mix together the breadcrumbs and almonds. Dip chicken in egg batter, then in breadcrumb mixture.
- In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter/margarine and saute coated chicken in skillet 8 to 10 minutes. Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- To Make Sauce: Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan mix together the SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon flour. Then stir in the orange juice, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup water. Mix all together and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils. Let boil for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter/margarine, the orange rind and the lemon rind to the orange sauce and stir together. Remove chicken from oven and pour orange sauce over warm chicken or put in a gravy boat for people to pour themselves. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 355 cal
- 9.3 g
- 31.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"go ahead try it..." See more"
"As written this would have been way to sweet for us. I cut the sweetener in half and it was still very sweet so I added more water and once the lemon and orange zest and butter were added it was fin..." See moree. It would be great with some chili flakes stirred in at the end."
Oven Roasted Teriyaki Chicken
Lemon Chicken Strips
Just swipe to see more like this.