Bavarian-Style Apple Torte5 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This recipe is one of my family's favorites. It's similar to a cheesecake but much better. I get many requests for the recipe.” - by melissa5
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together the butter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, and 1/2 cup of sugar in a bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the eggs and 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract. Pour the egg mixture over the crust.
- Combine the sliced apples, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl. Spoon apple mixture evenly over the cream cheese mixture. Place the springform pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until center is set, 50 to 65 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 479 cal
- 30.7 g
- 46 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This was a pretty good recipe. The crust was quite hard to cut through, though. And definitely use the cookie sheet underneath, because something leaked out during the baking time. But overall, we enj..." See moreoyed the dessert."
"I love this recipe. I started using it a few years ago and I always get great comments on it. The only thing I change is more vanilla in the crust. I like sweet crust...." See more"
German Apple Cake I
Apple Cheesecake Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.