Sweet and Sour Meatballs11 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Beef meatballs, carrot, onion and pineapple pieces simmered in a sweet and sour sauce.” - by Inspired by Home Cooks
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, cornstarch, salt, diced onion and pepper. Form into 1 inch meatballs; about 20.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the meatballs; drain fat and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Pour in the pineapple juice and simmer for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the 3 tablespoons of cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar and water. Stir until smooth and pour into the pineapple juice. Add the SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and simmer until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Place the meatballs, pineapple pieces, green pepper, carrot and onion into the sauce mixture. Heat thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 283 cal
- 15.1 g
- 22.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I usually hate when ppeople change recipes and then rate them, but I had to make changes for what I had on hand. I used brown sugar instead of Splenda and canned pineapple chunks. Very good served o..." See morever rice."
"I made these tonight and my family enjoyed them. The sauce is simple and delicious. I added a pinch oregano spice to the mix...." See more"
Simmered Cranberry Pork Chops
Slow Cooker Ground Beef
Just swipe to see more like this.