Steven's Baked Nachos18 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“My husband wanted to find chips tasting like those made at restaurants. Baking them is the key. These nachos are his claim to fame as a cook and they're delicious! I love them as a quick appetizer or late night snack! Serve with sliced jalapenos and your favorite hot sauce.” - by LMarcia
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Place the chicken on a microwave-safe plate, cover with a paper towel, and place in a microwave oven. Cook on high power until the chicken is no longer pink and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Cool, and use a knife to shred the chicken. Set aside.
- Place the refried beans in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until thoroughly heated.
- Layer half the chips, 1/2 cup cheese, and green onions on the bottom of prepared baking dish. Spoon the refried beans over the chip mixture. Sprinkle with another 1/2 cup cheese, and spread with the sour cream. Arrange the shredded chicken over the sour cream layer. Top with the remaining chips and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese melts throughout, 15 to 18 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 461 cal
- 25.2 g
- 37.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"Loved the idea of baking the chips, which created the best nachos. Instead of chicken I used ground beef with a fajita seasoning and it had amazing flavor. Great for an appetizer. The unfortunate p..." See moreart is that it is not good for left overs. My husband and I had to throw half of it out because we could not eat it all."
"This is a basic nacho recipe that I have made many times before. However I have never tried the sour cream as a layer on the chips before baking. That is why I am adding a review. I really liked it wi..." See moreth the sour cream. I used chicken that I marinated in Lawrys Tequilla Lime sauce. My chips of choice are Tostitos Gold. They're firm and don't get soggy. I served with homemade pico de gallo and guacamole. Yum yum."
"I made quite bit of changes to this to suit our tastes. I seasoned the chicken with fajita mix prior to cooking it. I also added black beans to the recipe. I used cheddar instead of pepper jack. ..." See moreI served this with fresh shredded lettuce. I also served the sour cream on the side. I had a lot more "stuff" than chips, so it needed to be eaten more like a taco salad. It probably would have done better in a bigger cooking dish too. But all in all, a decent recipe! I like how the chips taste with everything when you bake them in the oven, which I've never done before. Be aware that this is a first day ONLY recipe, the chips will not survive as leftovers."
Restaurant Style Chicken Nachos
Over the Top Nachos
Just swipe to see more like this.