Picnic Cake8 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This is a great, moist, banana flavored cake.” - by ICOOKSOME
Original recipe yields 1 9x13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 pan. Place marshmallows in a single, even layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. By hand, stir in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Fold in nuts and bananas.
- Pour batter over marshmallows, making sure that marshmallows are covered, and that the batter reaches all sides of the pan.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 45 minutes. Marshmallows will rise to top and make a topping. The cake may look slightly underbaked because of the marshmallow topping. Allow the cake to cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 358 cal
- 15 g
- 53.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious and very moist. Lots of banana flavor! Nice change from banana bread. Halved recipe, except buttermilk (used 1/2 cup) and baked in 9"x9" pan. Substituted single layer of miniature marshmallo..." See morews, avoiding the problems others had with the large marshmallows. Batter will be very thick. Covered cake pan with baking sheet last 10 minutes of baking time to prevent over browning. Watch closely, you may need to lower oven temperature. Baked for 30 minutes."
"This cake has a good taste, but a poor overall appearance. I had to make a "foil tent" to put on the cake at the 30 minute mark as the marshmallows were done but the cake part was not. I would make ..." See moreagain for my family but would not make this to take to an outing."
"The recipe would be great without the marshmallows. Mine rose to the top as the recipe said they would, but they burnt to a toasty crisp. Even if they wouldn't have burnt, they let large holes from wh..." See moreere they rose--leaving large gaps in the cake. Very ugly. I gave three stars because the cake itself was good--just leave out the marshmallows."
Banana Pound Cake With Caramel Glaze
Grandma's Wonderful Picnic Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.