Diced Lamb with Roasted Vegetables and Couscous5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“A home take on traditionally prepared North African lamb.” - by laughs and smiles
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Combine rosemary, mint, chile pepper, garlic, the juice from 2 of the limes, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the lamb and coat well with the marinade; marinate at least 1 hour and up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the eggplant, red and yellow peppers, and onions with 3 tablespoons olive oil; toss to coat. Place vegetables on a large baking sheet in a single layer and roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Remove lamb from marinade (discard marinade); cook and stir until no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add couscous; stir briefly to coat well. Add water; cook and stir until just boiling. Cover; set aside until all the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork, and stir in the juice of 1 lime.
- Serve lamb and vegetables over couscous.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 1216 cal
- 54.5 g
- 135.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I am a vegan but I got inspired. I made lime flavored quinoa, roasted the veggies and added basil and mushrooms and later added marinated tofu. I could have used the marinade listed here but I used a ..." See morebottled dressing. Good flavors in this recipe!"
"I thought this recipe was DELICIOUS!! I made some slight modifications though: instead of a chili pepper, I added a milder Anaheim pepper, and I used 2 limes instead of the recommended 3. It came out ..." See morea little too sour still, so I think I am going to use only 1 lime next time. I also used Isreali couscous instead, mainly because it was the ony thing I had. My father-in-law (who we live with) cannot handle spicy food very well, and even he found the substitution of the Anaheim in good taste. The only reason I gave the recipe 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the nutrition/calorie content. I didn't look at the nutrition facts until after I made/ate it, otherwise I probably wouldn't have made it. "
"I read this and thought it would be awesome but I was a little disappointed. The lamb marinade was awesome, but the roasted veggies did not work. It seemed as if the eggplant was not quite done, whe..." See morether that was the size of the chunks I cut it in, or the times, I'm not sure. I think for the veggies, they either need an increased cooking temp or time, plus they were a little bland, perhaps a mix of some herbs and a touch of salt & pepper on them as well. Overall I think that it has alot of promise, it just needs a little tweaking."
Greek Pasta Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Feta
Roasted Rosemary Chicken And Vegetables
Just swipe to see more like this.