Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites55 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“I created this recipe to try to duplicate some appetizers I had last summer from Stew Leonard's famous dairy retail store in Connecticut. They are great as appetizers or as a fun food for kids. I love to make them with bread crumbs seasoned with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!” - by LFARAONE
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the chicken, ham, and egg in a large bowl until well blended. Gradually add bread crumbs until the mixture loses its stickiness and can be easily formed into balls.
- Form the chicken mixture around the cheese cubes, forming 2 inch balls. Place on a plate.
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry the balls until the outsides are golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels, and place in baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until cooked through and cheese is soft, about 20 minutes. Cool briefly before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 174 cal
- 12.3 g
- 4.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (55)Rate This Recipe
"I took this to a 4th of July party and it was gone in seconds and people were looking for more! I did "tweak" the recipe a bit and it turned out great. I made it with italian style bread crumbs and ad..." See moreded salt and pepper to the meat mixture. I also rolled the meatballs in the italian bread crumbs plus grated parmesian cheese before frying them. After I took the meatballs out of the oven I sprinkled some of the parmesian cheese on top. People could not believe I made this from scratch, and I already have requests to make it for the next gathering!"
"Very tasty, although a little dry. I'm glad someone suggested salt and pepper because the ingredients should have listed that since it calls for plain bread crumbs and raw chicken. I added season sal..." See moret but it still needed a little more. To combat the dryness I made some dipping sauce (suggested by a recipe here for regular chicken cordon bleu): 1 can cream of chicken soup + 1/2 cup sour cream + 1 tsp. lemon juice (or white wine) + 1 T. parmesan cheese. Heated in a small saucepan for a while, and the balls were really good dipped in it! Added just the extra kick they needed. Great recipe, and I'll definitely use it again!"
Chicken Cordon Bleu I
Primal Chicken Cordon Bleu
Just swipe to see more like this.