Toasted Strawberry-Cream Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches11 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 16 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 6 min
“I first made this for my Mum for Mother's Day three years ago. Now she'll never let me cook her anything else for the occasion. Sweet, yummy strawberries, cream cheese, white chocolate, and pink sparkling wine makes a perfect girly breakfast! Garnish the champagne glasses with a strawberry.” - by Ange Rayner
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place the strawberries in a bowl with the sparkling wine and let marinate at least 20 minutes. Drain the strawberries, reserving the sparkling wine. Set aside 1/2 cup of strawberries for a garnish.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, white chocolate, orange zest, and orange juice in a separate bowl; stir and blend until smooth.
- Spread 4 slices of raisin bread with the cream cheese mixture. Arrange the drained strawberries over the cream cheese. Top with remaining 4 slices of raisin bread to make a sandwich.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the sandwiches in the skillet; cook until lightly toasted on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place the toasted sandwiches on serving plates, and cut in half. Drizzle evenly with maple syrup, and garnish with remaining strawberries. Serve with the reserved sparkling wine.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 746 cal
- 38.5 g
- 84.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"These are fantastic!!!! I hope everyone enjoys this recipe. Just a few notes to make them perfect: Watch the heat of the skillet as the bread toasts really quickly, never walk away as you will probabl..." See morey burn them. Turn the heat to approx medium, if not a little less. If you keep it low you can cook them a little longer without burning the bread and the cream cheese mix will go all creamy and gooey! Yummmmmmm :) I made these without the pink champagne the other morning as we didn’t have any on hand and the bottle shop wasn't open. They were just as good! Enjoy!"
"Oh, my! Absolutely delicious! I did alter the recipe though. I am not a fan of sparling wine, so I simply sat the strawberries in some water with sugar. I didn't have an orange, so I omitted the orang..." See moree zest. Added everything else. It was a dream brunch. I'll be having some this coming weekend."
"What a great recipe! I made this for a bridal brunch we had for work and everyone loved it. It was something different from the usual fare of eggs and meat. It was very refreshing. The previous po..." See morester was correct about watching closely as it's toasting. I did the prep work the night before. I did marinate in red sparkling grape juice instead of champagne and it was tasty. Let mixture come to room temp before spreading if prepared night before."
Quick Cream Cheese Pie
Deni's Strawberry Cheese Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.