French Shrimp Salad4 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“A cool shrimp salad with asparagus and artichokes. Canned artichoke hearts are fine, but fresh cooked can be great.” - by Inga
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water until tender. Remove and cool under cold water. Reserve six stalks and cut remaining asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Cook and clean shrimp. Again reserve the best six and dice the remainder. In a bowl, combine shrimp and asparagus, mix gently with mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, marinate the artichoke hearts in 1 cup French dressing.
- Place shrimp and asparagus in an attractive shallow bowl. Garnish with sieved egg and arrange reserved asparagus on top to resemble the spokes of a wheel.
- Drain the artichoke bottoms and garnish each with a dollop of mayonnaise, 1 whole shrimp and 1 parsley sprig. Arrange them around the salad.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 423 cal
- 33 g
- 13.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This looks better than it tastes, but it was pretty good. Next time I would use a little less dressing, and make sure you get artichoke bottoms, not hearts...." See more"
"delicious and fun to make. The colors ar great, also. Just a delightful summer salad!..." See more"
Chinese Shrimp Salad
Shrimp Avocado Pasta Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.