Blue Cheese, Bacon and Pear Brunch Sandwiches11 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“The original idea for this came from a friend. I varied the type of cheese and bread, and added a finishing step to create these tasty little sandwiches. I used low-sodium bacon, however, I think any bacon would work well. Served with a side salad of mixed greens and fresh berries, this makes a great brunch or light supper sandwich.” - by HARLEAGHSGIRL
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place the pear slices in a skillet, and pour in the apple juice. Cook over medium heat until the pears are soft, about 5 minutes. Drain pears and reserve; discard juice.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon in a skillet and cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Place the focaccia bread slices on a baking sheet. Divide the pear slices evenly among the bread, and top evenly with the bacon, and then with the blue cheese.
- Broil the sandwiches in the preheated broiler until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 366 cal
- 19.2 g
- 31.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"They made a similar sandwich like this one at the deli where I used to work. However, it was made with the addition of homemade blue cheese mayo and smoked turkey. It was one of our most popular spe..." See morecials and so delicious!"
"The flavor was good but I found the texture to be very dry. Maybe it would be better with some sort of spread...." See more"
Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach Blue Cheese and Bacon
Just swipe to see more like this.