Sunday Best Fruit Salad244 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is a wonderful and easy fruit salad that is also pretty for special occasions or holidays.” - by Pattie Price
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- In a small bowl, toss the chopped apples in reserved pineapple juice. Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the peach pie filling and pineapple chunks.
- Remove apples from pineapple juice and add to pie filling and pineapple mixture. Add chopped bananas to reserved pineapple juice and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Peel and slice kiwi and 1/2 of strawberries. Chop the other 1/2 of strawberries and set aside.
- Remove bananas from pineapple juice and add to pie filling mixture. Add chopped strawberries; toss together.
- Arrange kiwi slices around the edge of the serving bowl and alternate with strawberry slices. Chill and serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 183 cal
- 0.5 g
- < 1%
- 45.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (244)Rate This Recipe
"Very good! I added grapes and mandarin oranges to the mix. I doubled the recipe except for the peach pie filling: I left that at one can, as I didn't want it to be overly sweet or slimy. It covered pe..." See morerfectly! Soaking the apples and bananas in the pineapple juice is pure genius! None of the fruit turned brown. A couple of notes: Make sure you drain all your fruit well because it will get sloppy quick. And the recipe states to arrange the kiwi on top for a reason. I got lazy & simply threw them in & after a couple of turns with the spoon, they promptly fell apart. Still very tasty though! Thanks for the recipe!"
"This fruit salad was perfect! The best part about it is that there is no REAL recipe. The peach pie filling, which by the way seemed like it might ruin the salad, really makes the whole thing! I ma..." See morede this to go along with our cookout for my 2 year old's birthday party. It was gone in no time, and I thought I had way too much. I used fresh blueberries, kiwi, oranges, strawberries, grapes and on and on! Not only was it great, it was beautiful served in a trifle dish, as you could see all of the bright colors!"
"WHAT A SALAD!! This is the best salad I have ever had. So far the pineapple juice acids havent turned anything brown, but next time I will add some lemon juice to be absolutely sure. So far its good b..." See moreut im making it for a large group for the first time. And with lemon juice you dont have to wait 10 minutes, you just douse it in it and go. Wow, i will make this for every family gathering from here on out. Its seriously that good. 5*****"
Fruit Salad in Seconds
The Best, Original Fruit Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.