Grandmother's Apple Bread Pudding7 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Bread, raisins and apples are baked with eggs and cinnamon, then topped with a sweet, warm vanilla sauce. A great way to use up leftover bread!” - by Inspired by Home Cooks
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine bread, raisins, and apples. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1/2 cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, 1 3/4 cups milk, and 1/4 cup margarine. Cook and stir until margarine is melted. Pour over bread mixture in bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and eggs. Pour bread mixture into prepared dish, and pour egg mixture over bread.
- Bake in preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes, or until center is set and apples are tender.
- While pudding is baking, mix together SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, 2 tablespoons of SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, 1/2 cup milk, and 1/2 cup margarine in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Serve over bread pudding.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 356 cal
- 20 g
- 35.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This was amazingly good. I didn't have brown sugar blend so I used regular Splenda and added a little molasses. I will definitely make this again. Thank you for posting...." See more"
Rhubarb Bread Pudding
Banana and Chocolate Bread Pudding
Just swipe to see more like this.